In today's healthcare environment, the regulatory compliance stakes are high. Noncompliance can put your public reputation at risk—at worst it can mean fines, disciplinary action, or receivership. Although you intend to comply, regulations are often complicated, which makes it hard to put policies in place with confidence.
Milliman handles regulatory issues successfully every day for insurers, providers, and health plans.
Among our services, we:
- Calculate the actuarial items for financial and other types of statutory reporting
- Develop and review contract and benefit language for insured and self-funded plans
- Obtain approval of policy forms and rate filings
- Track legislation and keep you informed of the impact of new legislation on your product
- Advise on procedures to administer laws and regulations
- Provide statements of opinion regarding the adequacy of reserves
- Identify regulatory or contractual issues that could impact corporate business transactions
- Review marketing materials for trade practice concerns
We help clients successfully interpret, implement, and comply with laws by providing regulatory advice and counsel. We help implement processes for continuous and efficient reporting and filing. Working with Milliman, you’ll be advised by professionals who have decades of experience providing regulatory advice and counsel and you will have access to tremendous regulatory compliance resources.